Sunday, April 13, 2008

Hundred Islands Escapade...




April 2, 2008...hayz..one last shift and I'd be off to our planned summer escapade. It was supposed to be a reunion. Me and my old TIER 1 team way back year 2006. It was mainly a tribute to the best coach that we've ever had, Bhorj Bernardo.

As the planned day neared, I started to receive messages that some can't come due to unforeseen events that just came up.

Hayzzz..typical. Anyway, plan will pursue. I've been cooped up in Baguio and in Sitel for far too long. I needed this rest.

So there you go, night time came and we packed. Glen was already on his 6 day leave (I'm jealous!).

April 3, 6:38AM, were off to the Pines Van station. We heard that there was no trip that would travel directly from Baguio to Alaminos, so we had to cut trip. Baguio to Dagupan and then Dagupan to Alaminos. Roel, Arlene an their kid were already at San Carlos. Paolo will be following suit after his shift. Bhorj...Bhorj had not confirmed yet regarding his availability.

April 3, 11:13AM, Glen and I arrived at Alaminos. I must admit, the place looked a little sad to me. I was expecting a number of people, and I only saw a couple of tourist, most are already locals. We were waiting for Roel and his family at the pantalan. The afternoon was really really hot. And I was getting a little testy myself (hehehe, sorry baby).

After a few minutes, I was starting to feel the sea breeze. And I guess, that's when it really hit me... We are finally here!!!!

Roel will be arriving in less than 2 hours..so we decided to find ourselves shelter first. Glen and I had long decided to stay at Vista delas Islas. It had a feel of a vintage (sort of Vigan atmosphere) air but they also had an amazingly romantic pool that is actually perfect for weddings (just think about the sweat while wearing a gown!).

After settling in, we decided to try the ever famous Maxine's by the Sea. The prices were high, I won't lie about that. But the food are really good! And the scenery..hehehe...well, let's just say, you won't mind the prices no more (winks!).

After the eating, Roel and Arlene and Ruth were finally able to catch up. We went with them while they were booking their own cottage...then after a few minutes of rest, we went on ahead and explored the pool some more. Roel's daughter, Ruth was really having fun, learning how to float and all that. Arlene had a lot of cursing while Roel splashes around..and Glen did the capturing of those moments.

We went to explore the pantalan in the late afternoon. We pressured Paolo to travel and be with us by 7pm (evil friends). We knew he'd have a little chance of joining the island hopping if he arrives late tomorrow. And so, there we were, posing by the port, treasuring the relaxing music of the sea and the refreshing scent of fresh air.

April 4, 7:00AM, we started off from the shore. We paid 1,900 pesos for the boat, the guide and the snorkel materials. Again, once your there...you would not really mind the prices any more. The experience will be well worth it.
To make a brief description, we were able to visit Quezon Island, the farthest island of them all. It boasts majestic sights as well as amazing snorkeling experience!
You've got to try to visit the Coral Gardens. It has the biggest and most colorful collection of corals that I have ever since (ofcourse, this is my 1st snorkeling experience)...then you also get to see giant clams (yes, big big clams...you'll probably finish eating one clam in 3 days) that are lying just beyond the coral reefs! (aahhh...the memory...)

I also get to see crabs up close...live crabs that is...walking..and not just on the table, waiting to be eaten. I got to find NEMO!!!! Ahahaha. That was the best thing that I've ever seen under water! There was three of them...and they were really small...just as big as one finger. And they really look funny...thus the Clown fish name probably.

The whole island hopping was really a must try. All in all, if you guys plan to go there, you must prepare atleast 5,000 peso each. A bit pricey, but it will be really worth it. AND don't forget to bring your boo along. Hehehe, believe me, the sea breeze and the water wouldn't that be exciting if you don't have someone to hold your hand and whispers you something like: "You happy, Baby? Coz, I sure am happy just by being with you." (huwaaaaaaah....giggle, giggle)




No comments: