Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The MOCK CALL...

It's a normal day. Well...I guess not so normal because I will not have any agents until Thursday.

I'm mentally plotting how I would spend my time "productively" in the office. I know that phone certs will be resuming later. Me and my staff will be helping out so that all agents from wave 87 will be certified today. While I was doing this mental thingy...I suddenly remembered this one agent from yesterday...and I could not help but write about it!


Scenario: Me sitting at my station, checking my Google mail since I have already finished reading all my corporate email. Ram comes up and says the agent for MOCK calls are ready. I went on ahead and called the agent for his 4th graded mock call...

Fast forward....

Me: (thinking that the agent has thick accent...and me writing it down on his Coaching Log)

Coaching Log: Agent has pronunciation issues: gateway - getwey; ma'am - mum; server - sirver; cursor - koorsor; browser - brooser

Wonderful agent: Mum? Mum? Are you still der?

Me: (sighing) Uh, yes...sorry, I'm distracted. Ok, so what do I do next again?

Wonderful agent: Ay, it's like this mum...you have to click on start and go to ran..

Me: (rolling my eyes heaven wards) What's that? You mean..Run..right?

Wonderful agent: Ay..yes mum, you're right, click on Ran.

Me: Uh...ok (sige na nga). I did that, what's next?

Wonderful agent: Ah, ok..uhm, you gib me a few moments, mum... (dead air...dead air)... Umm..can I put a hold on you instead?

Me: (hayzz) Ok, go ahead...

After 2min and 35 sec...

Wonderful agent: Hello mum?

Me: Yeah? (susme...it's MA'AM! not MUM!!!! )

Wonderful Agent: ok...on the blunk field, please type in C -M -D.

Me: Ok, I did that... (thinking: "Maybe I need to end the call already...")

Wonderfule agent: Oalright, mum, now you have de block screen right?

Me: Yes, I have that. (OALRIGHT??? I wonder what his real nationatlity is...)

Wonderful agent: Ok, good job..gib me a moment ageyn ok? (silence...dead air...breathing hard).

Me: (wanting to have something to talk about) Uhm, I wanna ask, where are you located at right now?

Wonderful agent: Huh? Well I'm in the black screen mum, just like you!
Me: (haynaaaa....apu....)

This made me realize one thing though....I've been a coach for 2 years now...and sometimes, you would really come across people who you would never think that could make it as a call center agent...or someone who'd be able to talk to customers about issues, especially anything about technical stuff...

Yet, when I look across the floor, the ones who really strive the hardest and become the best, are those who were tagged as: "will not last for long" before...

No comments: