Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Time and Space...

I've nerver noticed him before...which is weird..kasi his face is not the kind that girls would ignore...kahit na truly madly deeply inlove ka sa boyfriend mo. He looked like the younger version of Tom Cruise, mas matangkad nga lang by my standards at saka mejo mas moreno.
Ewan ko ba...one day..I just saw him there...
He was sitting at the farthest end of our bay. Natigilan pa ako nung una...I had to check the bays again...to be sure that I was at the right place.
Then I just shrugged it aside...as long as he does not disturb me, he can stay where ever he wants.
It's Monday again...a new week. Sigh.

"You've forgotten already..."

Nagulat ako. He was behind me. Was he talking to me? Pero that's weird...I don't even know him.

"I'm sorry?"

"I can see it in your eyes...you don't even know me anymore."

I saw sadness in his expression. Naguluhan na talaga ako.
I stood up and faced him. It really felt awkward looking up at him...eh ang tangkad pa man din niya.

"Sorry, pero I think you're mistaking me for someone else. I don't really know you..."

He took a deep breath. It was as if he was containing his frustration. And the weird part was I could feel his sadness. For some reason, it seemed like he really expected that I would know him, that I would welcome him and be happy that I saw him.

"You promised that you wouldn't forget..."

He raised his hand, as if to touch my face. But I cringed. I could not help it. Everything that was happening was soooo weird.

"Don't you remember? The night before the Japanese attack? I had to say goodbye to you but you would not let me. I had to go...because it is my duty as a soldier to fight.
We made love that night. You begged me not to go. But I still left. But I promised that I will be back...and you promised that you'd wait...and that you'd never forget me."


Nyahahahahah. WEIRD BA? Pasensiya na. The story was inspired by a tagalog novel na nabasa ko. Nakakalat kasi sa bahay. Hindi ako mahilig sa tagalog novels. At inaamin ko, madalas ay inaapi ko yung mga nagbabasa nito. Yung Daddy ko kasi...nung bata pa kami, lagi niyang sinasabi na dapat masanay kami sa English novels...dahil pangkatulong daw ang Tagalog novels.
Anyway, the concept was not really unique...re-incarnation where one character retains all memories...and the other...well...no idea at all.
Cute noh? Wahehehe

No comments: