Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It Was Not Meant To Be...part 3


2nd Year HS - Taken for Granted
Hindi na kami magkaklase nung 2nd year...actually, never na kaming naging magkaklase pang muli. At first, it was ok. Ahhh...oo nga pala. Bago pa nagsimula ang 1998 school year...bati na kami. One hot summer afternoon... he called me... may landline pa kami noon. Akala ko nga si Jo-anne (bestfriend from elementary) yung tumatawag..pero it was him.
Blogger: Hello?
Ali: Sorry.
Blogger: Huh? Jo-anne, ikaw ba yan?
Ali: Ha? Sinong Jo-anne?
Blogger: Eh sino toh?
Ali: Si Ali...
Blogger: (3 seconds of silence. I think my heartbeat stopped for a while as well... and then...everything was back to normal) Ali...

Nung Sophomores na kami...we'd still go home together. Pero dahil nga di na kami classmates, my world grew bigger again. I met other people...made more friends. Highlight ng moments eh yung entreprenureal activities... me and some other girlfriends (Kat Exibia and Mabel Makil - miss you a lot girlfriends!!!) would be selling stuff to our classmates.
I became busier and busier.
By mid-schoolyear, I noticed as well that he has new circle of friends. Sina Ara, Marian and Sandra. Nung una, mejo yung territorial instincts ko eh na-tri-trigger. I didn't like seeing him having fun with others. I do not know how it developed but I started thinking of him as my bestfriend. Akin lang siya.
Yes, I know...I am freaky... pero ganun talaga ako nun. Posessive.
I relished the idea knowing that with one call...he'd be there...

Official member na ako ng Archery Team nung second year. And every time na may practice, he'd be waiting for me para sabay kaming umuwi. I knew nababagot siya...pero he'd still wait.
I got used to getting what I want when I'm around him... and thus I started taking his friendship for granted.

Naging mas madalas yung hindi namin pagsabay umuwi. Pag cleaners ako... inaantay niya ako. Pag cleaners siya... nakakalimutan kong mag-antay. Naiiwan siya. Nakita ko pa nga siya one time na naglalakad mag-isa... nakasakay na ako sa Jeep noon... then I saw him walking..

Blogger: Oh shit! I forgot that I'm supposed to wait for him! (guilty, guilty, guilty)

Yep...I'm an asshole. Gusto kong bumaba sa jeep...pero..naisip ko... kaya na ni Ali umuwi mag-isa. And I thought that he'd forgive me anyway. No matter what I did... he'd never stay mad at me that long anymore. After nung 3 month long na tampuhan... we sort of had a silent pact that we'd never have a fight that bad no more.


PART IV

No comments: