Saturday, May 10, 2008

Internet Service Providers here and abroad

I work in a call center..we provide technical support to AT&T customers and with it, we also strive to give outstanding customer service. We breathe and live outstanding customer service (well...ideally...that is...). Thus, I tend to demand the same level of service when I am the customer.
I answered a survey about customer service in Dneero..and it made me think...what's AT&T's rank when it comes to their American customers...here's the ranking that I got.

According to Market Research.. these are the top 7 ISPs in America:

Rank 1: SBC (AT&T) - 18.3 million subcribers, market share is 18.6%
Rank 2: Comcast - 13.2 million subcribers, market share is 13.5%
Rank 3: America Online (AOL) - 9.3 million subcribers, market share is 9.5%
Rank 4: Verizon - 8.2 million subcribers, market share is 8.4%
Rank 5: Road Runner - 7.9 million subcribers, market share is 8.1%
Rank 6: Earthlink - 3.9 million subcribers, market share is 4.0%
Rank 7: Cox - 3.7 million subcribers, market share is 3.8%


In the Pihilippines, we have fewer choices...and on the top list are: Globe Broadband, Smart Bro and PLDT DSL.
So far, according to friends...Globe Broadband is byfar leading in votes. I have not experience their service yet....but...right now, Smart Bro sucks. I am definitely going to cancel service by November!


No comments: