Sunday, May 4, 2008

Yesterday...Today

There are times when you can't help but say..."I wish I could go back...". Why do we say it? Is it because we regret what we are right now? Do we regret the decisions that ultimately led us to where we currently are?

Personally...I would like to go back...so that I could escape the responsibilities that I have right now. Sometimes...it just gets too overwhelming.


I would like to go back when things were a little less complicated...when the only worries that I'd be thinking is where my next gimmick would be. Would my friends and I cut class today so that we could watch the latest movie in the cinemas? What would be a good excuse so that mom and dad would allow me to sleep over Jam's place? What would be the best sweater to match my ohh so maroon uniform (City High, Science, Batch 2001...yeah!!!)?


I would like to revisit the times when I'd be worrying if tasting margarita would be a little more legit rather than drinking gin blue with pomelo mix...besides...I was already 18. I'm basically an adult. And I'm in college having the time of my life! I was doing good with my grades (most of my grades...that is) and I was on the Dean's list even after having my class cards dropped at the Student Affair's Office more than once (mom does not know this...ahihihi...ssshhhushh).


It would be great if my only next worries would be what great book would I be considering next. Would I be going for hard core romance? Or would I be buying something that would scare me to the bones? Would my friends have a copy of Johanna Lindsey's latest novel? I wonder if "The Prince" is already available in paperback. I think I'd be checking out CID or Book Sale to make sure that I can get it for a cheap price (nyahaah...kuripot!).


But then again...after spending precious time pondering about the past. I get to think...If I am not where I am right now, I will not have made such new great friends. I will not have the privil
ege of going to places I only dreamed of going to before. I will not be able to help my family financially. I will not be able to prove to myself that I can be successful at the career that I have chosen (Team Lead, Sitel Baguio).


I will not have found the love of my life... (ayun eh!)











No comments: