Sunday, June 22, 2008

Where'd my money go????

I have to say that handling calls in GMA Network is not as easy as everyone thinks. Yes, AHT is just 4min or so...yes, notes is usually just 2-3 liners...but man! Their customers are really from Hell!!

You see...as part of our training, we take in Tier 1 calls for a week and so that we'd be able to know how to use the tools and the concepts that we learn. GMA has 5 LOBs ...and 90% of their customers would usually call and ask: "Where'd my money go?"

Here's one call that I handled:

Customer: How much do I have left on ma card?
Blogger: You have 0 balance at the moment, Mr. Mayheux.
Customer: Wa?? Daz no possible. I loaded it with $200 dollars a while ago. You gotta explain this lady.
Blogger: I see here Sir that the hotel you stayed in collected $300 dollars last... (explain, explain, explain)
Customer: This is crap! how can you allow them to take money from me card!?!
Blogger: Actually Mr. Mayheux, the conditions where in... (explain explain explain)
Customer: I will not take that! I want me money right now! You better do somethin' 'ere lady!
Blogger: If you want Sir, we can process an AR and your money should be avaialable in 3 days.
Customer: 3 DAYSSSS!!! (cuss, cuss, cuss) I will not wait for 3 days!!! I want me money now!!! You better explain to me why it is going to take 3 days! Explain it to me!!
Blogger: Sir, I really do apologize...we need 3 days because ---
Customer: It's not going to be 3 days lady...like I said you better do somethin' about this or I'd be cancelling the gawdamn card!
Blogger: Sir, the 3 days is the best option that we have, and the explanation for the 3 days is ---
Customer: I ain't no waitin' for 3 days!!! You understand?!!! I cannot even begin to think of any logic why it'll take 3 f#*kin' days!!!
Blogger: I was explaining it Sir...like I said --
Customer: I tell you, you guys are always rippin' us off! You stealin' our money! Daz mah money! Why 3 days?!?
Blogger: Sir, because ---
Customer: Tell me now!!!
Blogger: Sir, ---
Customer: Talk to me!
Blogger: Then listen to me first Mr. Mayheux and LET ME TALK. You will not be able to hear me talk if you keep on interrupting me.
Customer: (silence.............)

HAYYYZZZZ. The thing with GMA is that the issue is always money. And since we are mandated to take Tier 1 calls..we cannot use "Supervisor tone".
But then again...taking in calls is damned easier than managing and taking care of your own team.

No comments: